New to Kratom? We’re Here To Help You Get Started!
It’s time! You finally decided to embark on your Kratom journey. 😊
Buckle up - there’s a ton of new things to learn. Don’t worry, once you get the basics down, everything else will come naturally.
Sometimes, reading articles online can be misleading. We know the struggle. There’s so much conflicting information about Kratom on the net. That’s why we created this guide - to help you get started in the quickest and easiest way possible.
Throughout this guide, we will direct you to the most crucial articles and tools available on our website. At the end, we’ll briefly answer some frequently asked questions. All of our advice comes from our in-house experts, who have collectively been using Kratom for 30+ years.
We hope that after reading this you have a solid understanding of what Kratom is, how to use it, where to buy it, and more.
You’ll be ready to jump in feeling cool and confident!
What is Kratom and What Does It Do?
If you’re totally new to Kratom and have no idea what it is, check out our Beginner's Guide to Kratom to get up to speed.
It’s good to have an understanding of what Kratom can do before trying to use it. In that article, we discuss what Kratom is, where it comes from, different strains, the effects, and much more. We even go over all of the different Kratom products you’ll see on the market.
Here is a quick list of benefits that Kratom may produce:
- Energy and Motivation
- Focus and Concentration
- Relief from Physical Discomfort
- Happy, Positive Mindset
- Restful Sleep
Check out our article on Types of Kratom for more information about Kratom strains and the benefits that they provide. You can also check out our Kratom Strain Chart to see how strain effects compare in relation to each other.
How to Use Kratom
Here are the most common ways to use Kratom and informational articles to go along with them:
Kratom Serving Size - What's my "Sweet Spot"?
When determining your Kratom serving size, everyone is different. If you’re new to Kratom (especially if it’s your very first time using it), start small! Kratom is not a "more is better" kind of thing.
Read our article for detailed information on finding your Kratom serving size.
The Best Kratom Strains for Beginners
Assuming that you read all of the articles presented above, you should have a solid understanding of Kratom and how to use it. Now, let’s talk about some Kratom strains that are perfect for beginners.
The first thing you'll want to consider purchasing is Happy Hippo's Kratom Newbie Pack - it’s specially designed for people who are new to Kratom. 😎
It contains a few 1 oz bags of Kratom powder, a 1 gram measuring scoop, and some “how-to” instructions.
However, if you prefer to go a different route, here’s our top 5 Kratom strain recommendations for beginners:
Green Borneo Kratom (Happy Hippo I) - Balanced Effects, Relaxed Body, Calm Mentality
Red Bali Kratom (Red Dragon Bali) - Happy Mind, Discomfort Relief, Joyful Spirit
White Bali Kratom (Platinum White Bali) - Happy Mind, Calm Mentality, Increased Focus
Green Maeng Da Kratom (Hyper Hippo) - Pro-Social, Super Energy, Workout Boost
- Red Sumatra Kratom (Magic Hippo) - Restful Sleep, Discomfort Relief, Joyful Spirit
Click into the product pages for more information on the effects of each strain. Check out our “Newbie Kratom Quiz” if you want a more personalized strain recommendation.
Hint: You can read this guide for extra advice on how to narrow down your options when searching for Kratom to buy.
Free Kratom Samples
If you’re interested in trying Kratom but don’t want to commit to purchasing yet, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
We offer FREE Kratom samples to first time customers - 100% FREE! Absolutely NO shipping fees or hidden costs.
What you will receive with your FREE Kratom sample…
- 2 samples containing 3-4 grams of high-quality Happy Hippo Kratom (strains are dependent on current inventory)
- Informational booklet about our company and how to use Kratom
To get your free Kratom sample, all you need to do is visit our website and click the link in the corner of the screen titled ‘Free Kratom’. Once you’re there, fill out the form with your email, phone number, and shipping address. And that’s it!
What to Expect When Taking Kratom For The First Time
The first time that you take Kratom, try keep your initial serving size down to 1-2 grams. Starting small will help you avoid the consequences of taking too much (nausea, headache, etc). If you start small and don’t feel the effects, wait about 2 hours before trying again and increase your serving size by a ½ gram.
From there, you should start to feel the effects within 20 minutes. Kratom effects can last up to 2-4 hours depending on your serving size and the strain you took.
Hint: Be sure to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is the best thing you can do! If you accidentally take too much, drinking water can help flush it out quicker.
- Natives of Southeast Asia have been using Kratom for decades with no long-term consequence. However, scientific research on this topic is limited. People with health issues should consult with their doctor before using any kind of herb. Only a licensed physician is capable of giving out health advice to their patient.
- Yes, but we don’t recommend it. Learn why we don’t recommend vaping Kratom.
Can Kratom help with weight loss?
- If you want to avoid conventional weight-loss methods and go for a more natural approach, Kratom is a great place to start. Learn more about how Kratom can improve your weight-loss journey.
- The best and safest place to buy Kratom is from an AKA-certified vendor, like Happy Hippo! In a world of uncertainty, it’s CRUCIAL to purchase your botanicals from somewhere that you can truly trust.
- Vendors that are AKA-certified means that they comply with the American Kratom Association’s Good Manufacturing Practices program. Read our article to learn more about the AKA’s GMP program.
- Heck yeah you can! See what Kratom Recipes we are cooking up at Happy Hippo HQ.
Does Kratom have any side-effects?
- Most people do not experience serious side-effects when using Kratom. Use it sparingly and stay within the recommended serving sizes, exercise safety and you shouldn’t have complications. However, there are a few side-effects that may occur depending on certain factors (nausea, headache, irritability, constipation, tolerance, and loss of appetite).
How can I help keep Kratom legal?
- Become a strong Kratom advocate by learning all there is to know about Kratom. Reading our blog, subscribing to the American Kratom Association’s newsletter, and purchasing from AKA-certified vendors are all good ways to start.
Have additional questions or need Kratom advice?
Don’t be shy! Please reach out to us because we are here to help you.
Along with being super friendly and patient, our customer service agents have knowledge and first-hand experience using Kratom daily. They take additional time and effort to make sure you’re getting the best advice possible.
Disclaimer: Kratom remains unregulated by the FDA, the authors of this text would like you to note that although this article contains many points regarding the use of Kratom, they should only serve as a piece of information - not medical advice.
Kratom is not intended to cure, diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or condition.
Make sure to speak to a physician if you have questions before using Kratom.